Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL   IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:41 am

Ok folks, as you may have noticed, or become a victim of, the current Clan tag <(((< C4RP >)))> has been subjected to a serious problem IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL Icon_exclaim

Contacting Zynga on this was, as expected, fairly fruitless, and although they refunded the 15 Gf points because my tag wasn't as I had entered it, their only advice was "sometimes, special characters don't display properly"

There was no mention of which characters were causing our particular problem, and no suggestions were forthcoming either.

I am now of the opinion that the use of << & >> in our tag might be the cause of this, and feel that, reluctantly, this element will need to be changed. However, what we use, and how we use it, may still prove to be just as dysfunctional?

As the << >> is currently being used as a combination, I feel that it may possibly be mimicking html coding, and that's where our problem lays.

Obviously it would be good to maintain the tag as something of an icon, but I am at a loss for a good alternative at this time.

Meanwhile, if you would like to help in this matter with a suggestion or two, post them in here and we will create a POLL on all suitably apt suggestions.

Thanks for your patience in this matter, and we look forward to finding a resolution to this with your input.

Most importantly, please don't attempt to alter your tag at this time, or you could be simply wasting further GF points.

Last edited by Steve Howard on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://c4rp.friendhood.net
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL   IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 am

My initial thoughts are that the solution 'could' be to simply drop the second part, and display the tag like this: C4RP >)))> AL C4RPONE
Back to top Go down
http://c4rp.friendhood.net
GAPS Oshea

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL   IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:21 pm

why not drop the >))> and use **** instead
Back to top Go down
Jeff Lemaistre
Admin
Jeff Lemaistre

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL   IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:21 am

[C4RP]

{C4RP}

At least we wont have problems with them.

kind regards Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL   IMPORTANT: New Tag:  POLL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: New Tag: POLL
Page 1 of 1