Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Sea Angling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:03 am

Surfcasting or boat, what's your penchant?

Click Here to Add as FB Friend
Back to top Go down
http://c4rp.friendhood.net
steve maytum

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:19 am

Steve Howard wrote:
Surfcasting or boat, what's your penchant?

Hi Steve,well when Im not carp fishing, , I like to boat fish,fishing aboard my local charter boat out of chatham maritime in the medway/thames estuary catching cod etc in the colder months and skate,bass and smoothounds in the spring/summer.

I go out just as often as I can and also fish out of Dover quite regularly,and trips out of plymouth when im down there visiting family Very Happy

I dont shore fish much these days but have the occasional social session with mates as and when....
Back to top Go down
Jeff Lemaistre
Admin
Jeff Lemaistre

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:50 am

Welcome to the mad house Steve, enjoy your posting and if there is anything we can help with then just shout up fella.

kind regards Jeff

Click here to add as friend
Back to top Go down
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:44 am

Nice one Steve! - I used to do a great deal of sea angling myself.

Basically, I fished from age 5 until I was 30-ish mainly sea angling... I fished the harbours and beaches at a young age with my family, then got a pram dinghy when I was just 14 and caned the flounder and bass in Langstone harbour, and near portsea island in Portsmouth harbour. At age 16 me and a mate bought a 22' clinker-built ex-navy cutter and ventured further. The years between 16 and 30, I became a fairly good sea angler on both beach and boat, winning my club championships at both on no less than seven occasions!

I qualified for the very last Southern Television Deep Sea Angling Championship Final, held in Cobh, Ireland in 1980, where I was placed 8th. Directly after that, I 'discovered' the joys of carp angling and have hardly wet a line in the sea since!

I say 'discovered' because that's when I took it up seriously, I was 12 when I first went, in 1964... those early years I did both fresh and salt. Sea Angling Icon_smile

Back to top Go down
steve maytum

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:35 am

HI steve...I also do a fair bit of flyfishing, fishing for trout down at Chalk springs in Arundel and at Tenderden Trout waters near Asford in Kent Very Happy

Variety is the spice of life so they say Smile

Ive dabbled for carp ever since Ive been fishing but came over to the carp side seriously around 2000,where my favourite method is taking them off the top,but Im equally happy to sit behind a set of buzzers,where,sometimes,if Im lucky... they go off Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Flicked the occasional bit of fluff too, but I do mean seldom really... my trout, sea trout and salmon have been taken largely by means of, uh hum,'unconventional' tactics.... sweetcorn, bread and lob worm... lol

I guess I was schooled in the finer points of angling perfectly ok, but quickly turned into a bit of an opportunist, discovering how to catch various fish by developing and using my own tactics - I always faired very well, and have maintained a single belief throughout my entire angling career "we don't make the rules, the fish do" - which basically translates to "if you catch em, you're getting it right" Sea Angling Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sea Angling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Angling   Sea Angling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sea Angling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: <(((< C4RP >)))> CL4N Info :: Anglers Den :: Other Species-
Jump to: