Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Farm Lake..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MAC
Admin
MAC

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Think we should have a little thread of it's own Very Happy

Dave, it was 2006 when I fished it, can't remember the exact month but it would've been June, July or August and there definitly wasn't a weed problem then.

The only picture I still have is this one

Farm Lake.. Scan0002
Back to top Go down
davec

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 am

so no weed in 2006? wow, you should have seen it this year Shocked we were really shocked when we arrived to see it, olivier had to get boats on the lake so we had a chance of landing fish, it was that heavily weeded. i will dig out some photos and post them up. i liked it to be honest, but some of the guys with a little less experience strugggled. the guys booked on the week before us turned up, saw it, and didnt bother fishing, they went home! hopefully next year it wont be as bad then, just hope they keep the boats on there as they were very handy. some awesome features in there, which were very evdident with the boat. the weed must have made it very clear, so we could easily see down to 12 foot. the gravel type features stood out a mile. there were quite a number of cleared spots as well, made by carp Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Good info guys, like it!

Just one thing, and forgive me if you already know, but 'most' weed grows in cycles of up to 7 years... which 'could' mean that there wont be much if any next year... just a thought Wink
Back to top Go down
http://c4rp.friendhood.net
davec

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:06 pm

this is the ballifs swimFarm Lake.. DSCN4933
Back to top Go down
davec

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Farm Lake.. DSCN4830
Back to top Go down
MAC
Admin
MAC

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Looks like they've done some work there since I was there mate, none of the swims had any kind of materials down, they were all just grass banks.

The rowing boat we hired was a 1 man thing that you couldn't stand up in.
Back to top Go down
davec

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:57 pm

im off to farm lake on the 29th of this month, cant wait for a weeks fishing, really looking forward to it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farm Lake.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Lake..   Farm Lake.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farm Lake..
Page 1 of 1