Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself to the CL4N

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

Introduce yourself to the CL4N Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:12 am

Please take the time to post in here and introduce yourself... the better we know each other, the more we will help each other.
This is YOUR CL4N, make the most of it! afro

As for me, I'm reasonably known on the carp angling scene, partly because of the 5 1/2 years I spent working on Carp Addict Magazine, but also because of my connection with the World Carp Classic. I have angling friends throughout most of Europe as a result of those two aspects, and also through meeting other anglers in the countries I fish.

I have not fished extensively in England over the past 5 years...I've fished France and Belgium in that time, but mostly in Spain.

I'd like to take this opportunity of welcoming everyone to the <(((< C4RP >)))> CL4N, and of course, to its forum. We, the team, hope that it will be very beneficial to all who bear the tag <(((< C4RP >)))>, and that above all, we play the game fairly and with honour.

You should be aware that this clan has an alliance with one of the most powerful and respected clans in the game, [NB[OG] (New Blood [Original Gangsters) . Myself and other organisers of this clan belonged to [NB[OG] prior to starting this clan, and we were given their blessing.

More about that elsewhere, for now, I'm just delighted to welcome you to the clan! cheers

Last edited by Steve Howard on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://c4rp.friendhood.net
MAC
Admin
MAC

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:19 am

Hi folks Very Happy

My name is Mark Cresswell and username on MW is Mad Mac. Friends call me Mac, I live in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. Enjoy most aspects of fishing with carping being my number 1, I'm also a season ticket holder with Derby County, this season is my 24th year Shocked Have seen some real highs and lows watching The Rams, and it literaly has been a rollercoaster ride. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Ron

Big Ron

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 am

You may have seen some of my articles, past or present, in various magazines and on international websites, about my exploits abroad in pursuit of big fish over the years. It all started with Carp Talk in 1997… though I’ve also written for Big Carp, Carp World and had my Marco Polo series of articles in Carp Fisher. The articles described my adventures abroad, covering the many different destinations I had travelled to in my quest for big uncaught foreign Carp. I outlined the different types of waters I had fished and the methods, tools and techniques I employed when tackling these foreign waters.

It was my aim, as it is with everything I write, to pass on my knowledge so that my fellow anglers would also be successful on their trips across the water. Although I’m dyslexic it has never stopped me putting my thoughts down to try to help and pass on valuable information about the pastime I love so much. Then about 7 years ago I went off in pursuit of Big Cats and started writing for Whiskers, the CCG’s publication. This year, though, persuaded by a woman (!) I’ve returned to my beloved carp and have started writing once again for International Carper and Carp Addict.

I’ve been an angler from a very young age, from dabbling in streams and lakes to what I do now, travelling all over the world in pursuit of my prey. I did fish in this country many years ago and I’m still a member of several organizations, such as the BCSG, CS, CCG, EMCSG, but for the last 17 years my ambition has been to travel to foreign destinations in search of big fish with no names.

I don’t know about you, but I have a deep desire to search out that uncaught monster… the one that my instinct tells me lurks deep in the many rivers and lakes I travel to. So I have relentlessly pursued my prey wherever it may swim and set my traps in all sorts of waters and conditions.

My travels have taken me to many different countries… like Spain, France, USA and the Canaries. I have fished many types of waters from massive reservoirs like Lac Du Der Chantecoq to gravel pits, from small winding rivers to massive systems like the Ebro. This has not only given me lots of experience but also many happy hours on the bank meeting new friends from all different walks of life speaking many different languages. It has also given me the chance to fish in some unbelievable, breathtaking scenery. It’s not just about putting big fish on the bank… there is much more to travelling and fishing than just catching your prey.

So here are a few examples of what my fishing abroad has meant to me and why I keep going back time and time again.

Mirrors to over 60 pounds, caught in some stunning locations, Linears to 46lb from the mighty River Seine, Commons to over 40 from France and Spain… leathers to 48.00 lbs. As for cats, I have had 40 over 100.00 lbs, 5 over 150 and my current PB stands at 173.00 lbs… I have also had a very rare albino catfish of 108.00 lbs.

As you can see, my search across Europe and the USA have resulted in some very memorable captures for me… and also some stunning shots of the many different venues I have fished over the years. So as you can see, I have a very strong passion - or is it an obsession? - for travelling and fishing abroad. But, like all anglers, I never stop dreaming of that next take and what it may bring. will it be that fish of my dreams? Who knows, but it’s what keeps us all going back. Well as I said before, I’ve been an angler for most of my 50 years, man and boy and I’m now in a position to take my dreams even further than before. After some 26 odd years working for Jaguar Cars, I took redundancy a couple of years ago and am now able to share my experiences with my fellow anglers, guiding them and helping them to fish waters they might only have dreamed about. In conjunction with Angling Lines, I will be off on my travels in search of big fish in some stunning destinations, taking parties of anglers with me.

So if like me, you have dreamed of landing that monster from the deep, but have never thought you had the experience to do it, just come with me and I will do my best to help you catch the fish of your dreams, using the tactics and experience I’ve gained over the years.

Tight lines to you all... Big Ron Woodward
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureangling.co.uk
Steve Howard
Admin
Steve Howard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:17 am

Top stuff as always Ron.. Can't wait to get back out to Spain with you again bud, possiby not before xmas now though Embarassed Crying or Very sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://c4rp.friendhood.net
Big Ron

Big Ron

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:27 pm

No Problem Steve ...they are just waiting for us mate Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureangling.co.uk
davec

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:08 pm

hey guys, nice to be here. well im not well known in the angling world, more of a scret squirrel type i suppose. im a north west carp angler, member of three clubs. just managed to join ellesmere anlging club this year after a 5 year wait. it can be hard getting in a decent club when you are north west based i can tell you!! been carp fishing for the last 20 years at least, i never fish for anything else. im out most weekends, having to run my own building business in the week. got 8 guys who work for me, so im kept rather busy with it all. my getaway is carp fishing, which i truly love. married with two kids, 13 and 15. my son ive also got in to carp fishing, although women are creeping in now cyclops i take my lad to france once a year, which we always have a great time. got loads of carp angling mates, all over the country. im off down to sandown show next week if anybody is going?
Back to top Go down
GAPS Oshea

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello lads and Ladies
Im Carl "GAPS" OSHEA
Thanks for the invite steve Wink
been fishing since i was a young lad, Been carping on and off since the 80's. The last 10yrs has been none stop carping with fishing here and there but mainly around my local area Hastings.
The last 3yrs have been spent fishing the River Rother for some nice fish, Im still after one particular Linear of around 25lb this fish is damn clever LOL.. Spent a couple of yrs of the infamous Buckshole Res in Hastings and caught many fish but not the main biggies.. I do alot of chub fishing over winter..
COS is my forum name for those who use the many carp forums around..
Oh! the reason i have GAPS in my name because its what most people call me, it a tooth thing LOL

Looking forward to helping you all when and where i can..

All the best
Carl
Back to top Go down
Jeff Lemaistre
Admin
Jeff Lemaistre

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:57 am

Welcome Carl and all you new members. Have fun and enjoy.

kind regards Jeff

Back to top Go down
alfy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 am

hola fellas im lee or better know as alfy or one sock (dont ask) Wink
only just started on the good old mafia and must say its rather addicted :O not so addicted as geting out and weting a line and chaseing after the great monsters of the deep we call carp Very Happy cheers

look forward to hearing from u all,

alfy
Back to top Go down
Jeff Lemaistre
Admin
Jeff Lemaistre

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:20 am

hello alfy and welcome to the mad house...enjoy and ask if there is anything ya want to know bud.

kind regards Jeff

Back to top Go down
wuzy

wuzy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 pm

welcome alfy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself to the CL4N   Introduce yourself to the CL4N I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to the CL4N
Page 1 of 1